<span class="highlight">Boat</span> <span class="highlight">loader</span> on CT

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:20
ThreadID: 80780 Views:3084 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I was just wondering what everyone's views were on boat loaders on Ct's versus boat loaders on the vehicle.
To me it makes a bit more sense to have the loader on the vehicle rather than on the CT. Once you have set up camp, then just un-hitch, and keep driving to the nearest water if you cant camp near the water.
But if you have a boat loader on the CT, then you have to drag the boat to the nearest water once you have set up camp.
Just my opinion...

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Marc Luther B (WA) - Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:28

Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:28
Hi John

I think you have answered your own question. The boat loader on the vehicle allows for convenience and less time wasted, what other response is there in all reality.

Cheers

Marc
Why travel overseas, you could travel Australia your entire life, and not see it all.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 427540

Follow Up By: Member - John S (QLD) - Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:33

Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:33
Marc,

Yeah your right, it would seem that i have answered my own question, but was really interested other's thoughts as there seems to be a lot of boat loaders on CT's.

John
FollowupID: 698243

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:36

Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:36
the Camper trailer option allows you to set up camp, with the boat dropped onto a folding mini trailer, which you just tow or pull to the water depending on how far it is.

Saves fuel also as it's not sitting up on the roof but down on the Camper.

Maîneÿ . . .
AnswerID: 427541

Follow Up By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 08:47

Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 08:47
These are great had one when we had ourhttp://www.realezytrailers.com.au/ CT.
FollowupID: 698252

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 18:08

Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010 at 18:08
Mainey is on the money.

It is not only a matter of getting the boat close to the water, but being able to launch it as well.

You wont do that with a boat loader on a 4wd.

You need either a pair of clamp on wheels (which in my opinion a absolutely useless unless the ground is firm and even) or a folding boat trailer which, while it is not designed for long distance travel, is suitable for shortish distances, then operates exactly like a normal boat trailer.

I carry the boat on the top of the camper trailer and transfer it to the folding trailer as required. The boat rack swings up, over and down, so the boat ends up right side up. I can place the trailer alongside the camper, then swing the boat and rack over on top of it. The rack is assisted by struts and loading is the reverse of unloading with the lifting of the boat and rack done by a hand operated winch.
The only "hassle" I have is the trailer uses a standard 50mm ball and I need to swap the off road hitch for a ball. No big deal though.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 427606

Follow Up By: Member - Tony (ACT) - Thursday, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:12

Thursday, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:12
Not quite true, I can get my boat to the waters edge in all the places I have launched it. Drop it into the water, clamp motor on, load boat with gear and push off.
FollowupID: 698365

Sponsored Links